Local SEO Services
What is Local SEO?
Local SEO is a strategy to optimize your website to drive more organic traffic and lead to your business. Part of local SEO strategy involves optimizing your business’s Google Business Profile listing, building NAP (Name, Address and Phone Number) citations, and making your website visible in the organic listings when users search for your business using local keywords.
What is the Difference Between SEO and Local SEO?
While traditional SEO focuses on improving your website’s organic visibility on a national or global scale level, local SEO focuses on finding local keywords and optimizing your website so that you can capture the organic traffic in your area. Although both traditional SEO and local SEO use many of the same strategies, there are still differences between them, especially in the area of keywords selection.
Why is Local SEO Important?
According to the statistics, local searches make up a huge chunk of the organic traffic. As researched by Google, 76% of people who conduct a local search on their smartphone visit a business within 24 hours and 28% of those searches result in a purchase. Also, according to another report from Google, searches for local places without the qualifier “near me” have grown 150%, faster than comparable searches that do not include “near me”. This shows that people increasingly expect to get results that are tailored accordingly without the need to spell out their request. Hence, this data proves that local relevance is expected, and google’s algorithms will be tailored accordingly to deliver the local results.
How Does Local SEO Work?
When it comes to local SEO in the Philippines, Google uses a different set of ranking factors to rank the local search results. While the usual ranking signals such as the quality of backlinks is still important, Google looks at these local SEO ranking signal to rank local search results:
- NAP citations
- Location of the searchers
- Updated Google Business Profile listing
- Number of positive reviews on Google Business Profile listing
- Geo-targeting words used in search query
- Keywords used in reviews and Google Business Profile listing
- Location of backlinks
- Geo-targeted keywords in Meta Title and page content
- Shares on social media
Google Local Map Pack
Google Local Map pack is a set of 3 local business results with their map locations pulled from Google Maps. It appears at the top of the search results and the normal search results will appear after the Google Local Map Pack as shown in the image below:
Google Local Map Pack optimization is very important especially for retail businesses. This is because when someone searches using the keyword “store + address”, Google tends to return Google Local Map Pack in their search results. This is important to keep in mind so that when you are doing keyword research for your SEO, do select “store + address” keywords to optimize.
For example, if we search for Japanese Restaurant Makati City, this is the search results that Google returns, and yes, Google Local Map Pack shows up:
Why Google Business Profile Listing Matters in Local SEO?
If you want to win in local SEO optimization, having an optimized Google Business Profile listing matters. Here are some reasons why you should optimize your Google Business Profile Listing:
On-Page Optimization for Local SEO
Many traditional on-page SEO practices still apply when it comes to local SEO, such as having keywords in Title, Headers, Meta Description, URLs, etc. However, there are some specific on-page factors that you will need to implement in order to optimize for local SEO. Below are on-page factors that you will need to pay more attention to:
1. Having a consistent Name, Address and Phone Number (NAP) online.
2. Add location pages on your website.
3. Ensure local keywords are present in your meta title tag, headers tag, and meta description.
4. Ensure local keywords are present within your website content. Build new pages to accommodate local keywords if necessary.
5. Build internal linking within your website local pages.
6. Set up and optimize your Google Business Profile listing.
7. Ensure your website loads faster on both desktop and mobile devices.
Link Building for Local SEO
Link building strategies that work for non-local websites pretty much work for local websites too. But you can streamline your local link building strategies with the following tactics to make it more relevant to your local city or area:
1. Create links on your local online business directories with consistent NAP
2. Gather all your local distributors, partners and suppliers. Look at their website to identify specific pages where a link to you would make send and send an email to them to request for the link.
3. Join your local chamber of business and get your website listed on their website.
4. Sponsor an event and get them to do a shout out about your company with a link on their website.
5. Guest posting on local websites.
6. Engage on social media and post content to link to your website.
7. Create press releases about your company and submit them to local news sites.
Choosing OOm as Your Local SEO Agency
OOm has been assisting SMEs and enterprises with their SEO work since 2006 in Singapore. As one of the pioneers in digital marketing and SEO, OOm expanded in the Philippines to help businesses win in local SEO. Leverage on our local SEO experience and outsource your local SEO work to us.
In-House SEO Team to Work on Your Local SEO
By having an in-house SEO team, we are able to control every part of the local SEO process to deliver the highest quality work for you. Our highly-skilled and competent SEO team knows what works for you so that you can rest assured and leave the heavy lifting to us.
We care greatly about our clientele. Our clients are an expanded mix of SMEs and enterprises. Check out some of the companies we’ve helped recently through our diverse portfolio in Singapore.
As we expand our local SEO services in the Philippines, we aim to work with more local brands to improve their digital marketing performance.
See What Our Clients Have Been Saying
Ready to Elevate your Business to the Next Level?
Discover how we can help you to achieve your business goals through digital marketing in just 30 minutes.